Thursday, March 17, 2011

Boise....Oh Boise!

For this past weekend my roommate Melissa and I drove up to Boise and stayed with her family. It was a very long drive. just about FOUR HOURS. thankfully we had our awesome music to keep us entertained and lots and lots and lots of stories.
Day One: babysat some kids for about three hours or so. Got 20 bucks during it all, and you all know where that's going. LAUNDRY QUARTERS! The kids were super sweet and of course lived in a huge house. After that was quite a bit of site seeing,a big totally deserved cheeseburger, and than at last ending up on the couch watching/falling asleep during a movie.
Day Two: Melissa and her friend Clarissa INSISTED that i try a place called Coast Vida for lunch. I decided to be healthy and get the sweet pork salad. it was soooooOOOOO good. Later on we headed over to Melissa's old roommate's who's name is Katie and visited her husband and three girls. I loved this family. They were very warm and welcoming to me and the girls were so ADORABLE! Melissa told me that Isabelle was asking about me the next day! Staying there til later that night we had a barbecue and watched the Bachelor. Yes we did watch that. it was fun :)
Day Three: We went to church that day of course and it was fun. I was able to meet some friends of Melissa's friends and family friends. they were all very nice to me as well and it was a fun sunday all in all. We went and visited Katie til later that night and we had to leave for the long drive home.
It was a wonderful trip and i'm really glad that i went. it was a great experience for me to have of going to a city that i've never been to and not know anyone except for my roommate. She and i had a great time together and i hope that we can have many more experiences like this :)


2 comments:

Staci said...

what a great weekend....wooo woo they turned you to the mexican food chain addiction that everyone in utah has. Uh bachelor party at my house as well...you know i watched it.

Melissa said...

I'm soooo glad you came with me and I'm glad you had fun!!! I was talking to Katee earlier today and she said that Isabelle asked about you again hahaha guess you won her heart fast! Can't wait to go again ♥