Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekly Lesson

I've learned this week that sometimes you can't be everything for someone. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way. I won't go into details about it. But I thought that this person and I were very close. Lately we've been somewhat distant from each other. I have been going through some growing chances and so don't feel the need to tell her everything that is going on in my life lately. She sees this as me getting sick of her and no longer liking her. I tried to explain my self to her, but should couldn't understand it.

After a weekend away from the apartment she returned and we were able to make up and become good friends again. We are not as close as we used to be, but at least we are talking again and are getting there a bit at a time. But this time will be different. I can't always be in her life as constantly as she wants me to be. We are too different. So even though I can't always agree with her ideas or her taste in guys, I'll still be there for her. BUT I'm going to remain myself, I can't change to simply agree with someone else's idea of a "right" person. I'm fine just the way I am :P

1 comment:

barbmartin said...

This is one person who truly doesn't want you to change. You are the sunshine of the family, Katy! We love you just the way you are.